Britany and her husband recently sold almost everything they own (including their home) and quit the highest-paying jobs either one of them has ever had. When we talked, they were just about to embark on an open-ended journey around the Western half of the United States in their travel trailer with their two dogs.
In This Episode
- How they ended up making big changes in their life
- Preparing for a more nomadic lifestyle
- Telling employers and family
- How they’re funding their travels
- Handling Wi-Fi while traveling
- Finding free places to camp in the U.S.
- Modifying the RV for their lifestyle
- Figuring out health insurance
- And much more
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
Since we haven’t left for our trip yet, it’s honestly been being able to attend family events. My family is one of those crazy ones that actually like each other so they get together for lunch every Thursday, but I haven’t been able to go before because I was always working a corporate 9–5. Something as simple as being able to say yes to a lunch is really powerful to me personally. Having that freedom is what living a location-independent life is all about.
Biggest Surprise along the Way
Once you stop living your life on repeat, absolutely everything becomes chaotic, which can be fantastically frustrating.
Resources We Talked About
- Boss Jock
- Nomadtopia Radio interview with Marc Freccero about living on the road
- Gone with the Wynns
- Liberty HealthShare insurance
- Nomadtopia Radio interview with Vicky White about sharing health costs
- LivingUnconventionally.com (listen to Britany interviewing Amy here and here)
- Facebook Group
Check Out Our Sponsor
Thanks to Greenback Expat Tax Services for supporting Nomadtopia Radio! For years, Greenback has been helping Amy and lots of other nomads and expats save time and money on their taxes. Contact Greenback to see how they can help you too.
Join the Conversation
What ideas or topics resonate with you from this episode? What questions does it raise?
Leave a comment below, or continue the conversation in the Nomadtopia Facebook group.
Subscribe to Nomadtopia Radio for Free
You can also add Nomadtopia Radio to your RSS feed: http://nomadtopiaradio.libsyn.com/rss
Enjoying Nomadtopia Radio?
Please leave a review in iTunes to help more people find the show! (Find out how.)
Or share the episode and help spread the word by clicking on the icons below.