The way we each live our Nomadtopia often changes over time, so I’ve asked Paul back on the show—three years after he first joined me in September 2014—to share where he is now. We talked about how things have gone and what’s changed in his Nomadtopia—and why—in the last few years.
I include a clip from our earlier conversation at the beginning of this episode, but if you’d like to listen to the full episode from 2014 first, click here.
In This Episode
- The draw of a deeper cultural experience (and the lure of something new)
- How he ended up in Bulgaria
- Location independent vs digital nomad (and why we both prefer the former)
- What it’s like traveling with his 45-pound dog, Sheila
- Analog solutions for international phone calls
- Ending a relationship with someone who wants different things
- And so much more
Resources We Talked About
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
- Schengen visa rules (here’s a great post that explains the Schengen situation and how to stay longer)
- Nobelcom.com (old-school calling cards gone digital)
- Plovdiv: The Chiang Mai of Europe?
Join the Conversation!
What ideas or topics resonate with you from this episode? What questions does it raise?
Leave a comment below, or continue the conversation in the Nomadtopia Facebook group.
Subscribe to Nomadtopia Radio
You can also subscribe in your favorite podcast app or add Nomadtopia Radio to your RSS feed: http://nomadtopiaradio.libsyn.com/rss
Enjoying Nomadtopia Radio?
Please leave a review in iTunes to help more people find the show! (Find out how.)
Or support the podcast with a one-time donation:
Share the episode and help spread the word by clicking on the icons below.