The Nomadtopia Collective
Your home for a global location-independent lifestyle
Want to be location independent or already are? The Collective is the place to be. Here’s why:
If you’re working on creating a location-independent lifestyle, you know how tough it can be when you don’t have many (or any!) people in your life who understand what you’re trying to do. If you’ve always wished you could be surrounded by people who ‘get’ you rather than trying to convince your family and friends that your cockamamie ideas are actually really awesome, the Collective is for you.
Even better, getting support from people on the same path or who’ve been through it already means most of the heavy lifting is done for you. In the Collective, you’ve got a ready-made community of location-independent mavericks who share their wisdom to help make the next steps super easy for you.
And if you’re already living a location-independent life, you know that it isn’t always easy, no matter how long you’ve been doing it. Maybe you’re feeling lonely, or you’re tired of constantly having to sort out yet another set of details and logistics as things continue to evolve. And if your family and friends are always asking when you’re coming home or settling down, you don’t dare share any of your challenges or doubts with them.
The Collective is a place where you can be yourself and let it all hang out, where you can celebrate your wins as well as the tough days, without judgment. You’re in good company—we’ve been there too!
No matter where you are on your location-independent journey, the Collective is your home.
What is the Nomadtopia Collective?
The Nomadtopia Collective is a private online community for those living or aspiring to live their version of Nomadtopia: a location-independent lifestyle that incorporates travel, new experiences, and everything else that’s important to them.
In the Collective, you can connect with others on the same path, get support and resources, and share information to make creating and living your Nomadtopia easier and better than ever.
What Will I Find in the Collective?
Here’s just a brief sampling of some of the content in the Collective, with more conversations, questions, and resources being added all the time:
- Detailed resources on topics including figuring out what your Nomadtopia looks like, preparing for a trip home, dealing with documents and contracts, and lots more
- Vulnerable conversations on loneliness, questioning one’s path, and dealing with ailing parents from afar
- Questions (and answers) about setting up one’s phone and other communications systems, the best housesitting platforms, and tools to work from anywhere
- Celebrations of each other’s wins like moving abroad, getting a first housesitting gig, quitting a job, or obtaining residency in another country
- Replays of past member calls on topics like productivity & organization, cryptocurrency for nomads, US taxes, planning for life & business, and bookkeeping systems (with new live video calls every month)
- Fun chats about podcasts, nomad-friendly hobbies, and dating etiquette in other countries
Who Is the Collective For?
Most members of the Collective have already figured out how they’re going to support their Nomadtopia financially, whether that’s through self-employment, remote work, retirement, or other creative means. We talk about tools and strategies to build and sustain our work/businesses, but the focus is not on helping members create location-independent income from scratch. Our online platform makes it really easy to tailor your experience to your interests, so if you’re retired or taking a sabbatical, you can simply choose not to follow the Work & Business topic!
Here’s a snapshot of the kind of people you’ll find in the Collective:
- Location-independent professionals who are already living their Nomadtopia (traveling full-time, living abroad, etc.) and looking to connect with others, share their experience, and get the high-level answers to complex questions they aren’t finding anywhere else.
- Longtime nomads looking for a change (find a base? head to a completely new region? take on new work opportunities?) and a safe space to explore what’s next.
- People who are location independent and seeking out community, resources, and support as they prepare to travel full-time, live abroad, or just take their work on the road occasionally.
- Those who are working on creating location-independent income and want to connect with like-minded people and gather information so they can do all of the above!
Current members of the Collective include full-time nomads, housesitters, expats, and global citizens; early retirees and people taking sabbaticals to travel; long-time business owners preparing to live abroad; people with full-time jobs exploring their options; and all kinds of variations on these themes.
The Collective is a truly global community! While many of our members are from the United States and Canada, the Collective has people from all over the world, including Switzerland, UK, Belgium, Argentina, Sweden, Australia, and New Zealand.
We’re a well-traveled bunch (naturally), and many members are traveling full-time or currently based outside their passport country in places like Mexico, Chile, Sweden, Turkey, Portugal, Spain, Bulgaria, and Indonesia.
As a member of the Nomadtopia Collective, you get access to:
- A private community web platform and mobile app that’s fun to use and customizable to your interests (this is not another Facebook group!)
- Two member calls every month to connect with each other and learn new information and skills + occasional in-person meetups
- A growing library of resources, including content from online courses Create Your Nomadtopia and the Work-from-Anywhere Toolkit, no longer available anywhere else
- Member discounts on 1:1 coaching with Nomadtopia founder Amy Scott (and more to come!)
- Access to a supportive and friendly global network of nomads, aspiring nomads, and location-independent folks of all types
- A weekly member newsletter highlighting recent activity in the Collective, upcoming events, and more
Join us today!
Stop sifting through random, outdated information on Google and get what you need straight from people who’ve been there and are creating and living a location-independent lifestyle just like you!
Click the “Join Now” button below and start your free one-month trial. After the first month, membership is $200/year or $20/month.
What Members Say about the Collective
Moving abroad is a big step, and my friends and family would never do this. Most don’t even want to hear much about it, so I have no one to share it with or ask questions of before or during and certainly not after. I am thrilled to know there is this place where I can share what I have been keeping inside for the most part. I’m super excited and curious and I’m grateful that I have a place to finally express myself.
As an aspiring nomad, I lacked a community of like-minded people with whom I could exchange ideas and share my questions and concerns for feedback and advice. I had tried connecting with people individually and in Facebook groups, but those efforts left me drained and frustrated, while the Collective leaves me feeling inspired, energized, and supported. The Collective provides a central and private place to connect with experienced, friendly people on a similar path who willingly share information, answer questions, and provide guidance. This results in a tremendous wealth of relevant and helpful information. And, the Collective is very easy to navigate and is organized in such a way that you can quickly and easily find the topics you are interested in. If you want answers to questions and support for current challenges from experienced people who understand the location-independent lifestyle, the Collective is the place to go.
In the Collective, I have found many pertinent and engaging conversations on a wide range of topics. I also found many voices that aren’t always front and center in other groups that cater to nomads, which is quite refreshing. As a more experienced nomad, I’m enjoying the new connections, the plethora of ideas being shared, and the opportunity to feel like a useful contributor.
As I begin my location-independent life, I found it difficult to find places to connect with other nomads and ask the smaller, day-to-day questions. Facebook groups can be helpful, but I’ve found the community in Nomadtopia Collective to be uniquely welcoming and supportive, with members who are helpful and knowledgeable and where I can get high-quality responses to all my questions. The Nomadtopia Collective has something to offer everyone, from those brand-new to the location-independent lifestyle all the way to long-time experienced nomads.
As with all communities, when I joined the Collective I wondered whether I would connect with anyone or find friends, but I already feel at home and supported. I love that people here understand my lifestyle and aren’t asking me when I will settle down, or how long I will continue this lifestyle, like other people in my life. I also draw inspiration from connecting with people who are actually way more location-independent than I am. For my first venture into my own Nomadtopia, back in 2013, Amy was a huge comfort and support, and the more I expand, the more I travel, I become more and more comfortable with this life, but I still love and really appreciate that support. This community gives you that, whether you’re on the brink of taking the leap or on your way.
If you are location independent, I can think of no better social network to belong to than the Nomadtopia Collective. I often felt lonely as a nomad, and also struggled with some of the logistics of the lifestyle. In the Collective, I’ve received good solutions to problems and found a warm and friendly community, which is so important when you are single and nomadic and don’t have colleagues. Networks like Facebook are great for keeping in touch with old friends, but if you’re seeking out like-minded people who understand the vagaries of living and working abroad, the Collective is the place. You’re going to find people from all over the world who “get” your lifestyle and have stories to share about what has worked for them along the way.
It’s time you had a community where you truly feel at home.
Click the “Join Now” button below to start your free one-month trial in the Nomadtopia Collective. After the first month, membership is $200/year or $20/month.
Not sure if the Collective is for you? Get in touch and we’ll help you figure out if it’s a good fit.