Fara and Bob: Can Do Latitude
March 7, 2018 | Podcast
In 2017, 40-somethings Fara and Bob quit their jobs to travel the world. After seven months on the road, they’ve learned a lot about housesitting, budgeting, their interests, and even their relationship. Tune in to hear all about their experience so far.
In this episode
- Getting used to a more flexible schedule
- Setting budget expectations and staying on budget (or not)
- Lessons learned in their early days as housesitters
- Getting a short-term car lease in France
- Hobbies on the road (especially knitting, crocheting, and photography)
- Adjusting to spending so much time together
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
- Temporary Transit car-leasing program in France
- Addi interchangeable knitting needles*
- Bob’s travel tripod and camera bag
Connect with Fara and Bob
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.
Get the Top 10 Logistical Things You Need to do before becoming a nomad
(That Aren't What You Think)