Rebecca Beaton: Adventures in location independence
September 10, 2014 | Podcast
Rebecca Beaton was already an entrepreneur when she realized she could work from anywhere, so it was an unexpected bonus! A rather spontaneous decision to take a road trip while building her newest business taught her a lot, and it was the beginning of many more adventures, at home and abroad.
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
The road trip of course was pretty special. However, this summer has been great as I’ve been able to take off on mid-week trips with friends, go camping whenever I want… I just love being able to be totally spontaneous and not having to plan time off work in advance. I love waking up in the morning knowing I could spend the whole day at the beach if I really wanted to, or drive to the mountains and go on a hike (even if I don’t!).
Biggest Surprise along the Way
Constantly being on the move and travelling while running a business is hard!
In this episode
- The surprising challenges of building a business while on the move
- What she would do differently next time
- How it felt to come home from traveling
- The benefits of being location independent, even if you’re not traveling
- The new paradigm of work, travel, and modern nomadism
- And so much more