After spending most of her adult life outside her native New Zealand, Vicky moved back in 2014 and is now enjoying a nomadic lifestyle living in a bus and traveling around the country. Along the way she realized she didn’t want to continue her coaching business, and that thanks to her simplified lifestyle she doesn’t need to work right now, giving her even more freedom.
In This Episode
- Deciding to move home to New Zealand
- Moving back with almost nothing (and what made the cut)
- Finding, buying, and traveling in her bus
- Housesitting and freedom camping in New Zealand
- Giving up her coaching business
- Creating an intentional community
- Embracing change
- And so much more
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
I think my most memorable experience was a six-week adventure I had just recently in the North Island, where most of my friends are. I parked up in friends’ yards, stayed at fabulous beaches and had other friends drive fairly long distances to come see me where I was. Felt like the perfect mix of connecting, alone time and exploring hot springs! That’s freedom to me.
Biggest Surprise along the Way
Returning to NZ shook everything up. I was surprised to find I’m no longer interested in my coaching business. I’m also sort of surprised at how well everything has flowed for me since returning to live in NZ.
Resources We Talked About
- New Zealand Motor Caravan Association
- Motorhome Friends New Zealand (Facebook group for anyone interested in traveling around NZ in a campervan or bus)
- Housesitting in NZ
- CamperMate – app with camping grounds, laundries, and everything you might need on the road in NZ
Join the Conversation!
What ideas or topics resonate with you from this episode? What questions does it raise?
Leave a comment below, or continue the conversation in the Nomadtopia Facebook group.
Subscribe to Nomadtopia Radio for Free
You can also add Nomadtopia Radio to your RSS feed: http://nomadtopiaradio.libsyn.com/rss
Enjoying Nomadtopia Radio?
Please leave a review in iTunes to help more people find the show! (Find out how.)
Support Nomadtopia Radio with a much-appreciated donation:
Or share the episode and help spread the word by clicking on the icons below.