Audrey Scott and Dan Noll: Seeing the world for themselves
December 10, 2014 | Podcast
In 2006, Audrey and Dan left their traditional jobs and expat life in Prague for what was meant to be a 12-to-18-month creative and travel sabbatical. Through their blog, freelance work, sponsorship, speaking, consulting, and more they have turned their journey into a lifestyle and a business. After 6 years of being nomadic, they now have a base in Berlin, Germany, and continue to explore the world.
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
So many things… Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Biggest Surprise along the Way
How often we are welcomed and and kindly treated by people we meet, especially those who have very little.
In this episode
- Their early opportunities to make money while traveling
- How they started getting speaking gigs
- Working and traveling together
- Why they’ve been called “perception busters”
- Why fear is okay
- Using Instagram to connect with people when traveling
- Why they decided they needed a home base (and why they chose Berlin)
- And much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
- Audrey and Dan’s talk at TEDx Warsaw
- Their article on BBC.com
- Blog posts on working and traveling together, and my day, your day
- Their resource page and gear list
- Backup services: CrashPlan, Backblaze*
- Blog post on setting up a base in Berlin
- Short-term rentals in Berlin: WG-Gesucht.de & Craigslist and Buenos Aires: CompartoDepto & Solo Dueños