Curtiss and Ashley: Blissy living, anywhere
November 11, 2015 | Podcast
After spending nearly a year in Southeast Asia, Curtiss and Ashley’s Nomadtopia is emerging as a nice blend of his web design business, her savvy with Airbnb, and their combined forces living in exotic locations for a few months at a time. At the tail end of a two-month stay back in the States, they joined me to talk about how they make the lifestyle work for them.
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
Riding a water buffalo.
Biggest Surprises along the Way
Mankind is fundamentally caring.
Expats come out of the woodwork when you host an event.
Resorts and hotels jump at the chance for free publicity.
In this episode
- Renting via Airbnb (as guests and hosts) around the world
- Getting discounts and freebies
- Tips for dealing with Internet slowdowns and outages
- Spending lots of time together
- Heartset: what it is and why it matters
- Making adjustments as you go
- Returning to the U.S.
- Tweaking your packing list
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!