Dan and Danielle Greason: Getting off the merry-go-round
City life with two young kids left Dan and Danielle wondering when they’d be able to slow down and catch their breath. Eventually, they took matters into their own hands and intentionally chose to slow down by selling everything and leaving Australia in 2011. They have been enjoying a relaxed, fulfilling lifestyle in Costa Rica ever since, and have their sights set on new horizons for the future.
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
Dan: Learning how to surf
Danielle: Living on a permaculture farm for 18 months
Biggest Surprise along the Way
The number of people that are actually already living this location-independent lifestyle, and how fast it’s growing. And, how easy it was to start earning an income online (it took us four weeks from when we started hunting down opportunities).
In this episode
- Why they left Australia and moved to Costa Rica
- Why they gave up on the “safe way” and went for it
- Living (and having a baby) in Costa Rica
- Their experience homeschooling so far
- How they got started working online
- The difference between being a freelancer and a business owner
- Special considerations for nomad VAs and other online service providers
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!