Eli David: A Dedicated Nomad
February 24, 2016 | Podcast
Since he became a nomad in early 2011, Eli has been changing locations every two months. He almost always chooses to go to new places rather than ones he’s been to before, and over the years he has created a set of “rules” to guide his lifestyle that allow him to work on his businesses, connect with locals, and explore his surroundings.
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
Being able to make it a sustainable model in the long term is shocking, and being able to build cool things while being on the road is also amazing.
Biggest Surprise along the Way
How easy it is to be without a home for more than five years.
In this episode
- The key characteristics of a successful nomad
- The problem with making big declarations
- Losing his “anchors” and creating a new lifestyle
- Why he prefers sharing accommodations
- The one thing a new destination must have for Eli to consider going there
- How Eli finds social interaction while traveling
- How each nomad learns what works for them
- How he makes money online
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!