Gianluca has been fascinated by foreign cultures and languages since he was a young boy in Italy. Now, he’s a freelance photojournalist focusing on the countries of the former Soviet Union and Sub-Saharan Africa, where he captures locals’ lives and stories to share with the world.
In This Episode
- Learning multiple languages
- Why he’s passionate about the former Soviet Union
- Traveling in the former Soviet Union
- Earning locals’ trust when traveling
- Why Georgia is a good introduction to the region
- Traveling in the Middle East during the Arab Spring
- Generational differences in the former Soviet Union
- And much more
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
Travelling solo and independently overland from Italy to Afghanistan.
Biggest Surprise along the Way
Too many… I’d say, however, that a very (un)surprising fact I became aware while travelling is that in each stereotype there is a bit of truth.
Resources We Talked About
Subscribe to Nomadtopia Radio for Free
You can also add Nomadtopia Radio to your RSS feed: http://nomadtopiaradio.libsyn.com/rss
Enjoying Nomadtopia Radio?
Please leave a review in iTunes to help more people find us! (Find out how.)