Luke Benjamin Thomas: Travel Wherever, Whenever
July 12, 2017 | Podcast
Since he decided he wanted the freedom to travel wherever, whenever, Luke has taken advantage of Working Holiday visas in a number of countries, learned how to talk to pretty much anyone, figured out what it takes to work from anywhere, and lots more.
NOTE: Some of the language in this episode may not be suitable for work or children!
In this episode
- How Luke ran his first business into the ground
- Traveling on Working Holiday visas
- How travel made Luke more extroverted
- Luke’s tips for meeting/talking to people
- Biggest challenges in his Nomadtopia
- Resources that helped him create his Nomadtopia
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
- Amy on Luke’s podcast
- Amy’s Work-from-Anywhere Toolkit
- Facebook groups: Amy’s and Luke’s
- Book: Four-Hour Workweek* by Timothy Ferriss
- Podcasts: My Dad Wrote a Porno, Joe Rogan, S-Town
- Apps: TripCase, Evernote*
Luke’s Top 3 Travel Tips
- Don’t say no when people invite you to do things.
- Shop for flights and travel insurance.
- Don’t stick to tourist spots.
Connect with Luke
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia™
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.