Naomi Peters: Full-Time Housesitting
July 5, 2017 | Podcast
Naomi describes herself as a “nomad who likes to nest”—and housesitting is the perfect way to get the best of both worlds. She joins me from her current sit in Sydney, Australia, to talk about her triple citizenship, her approach to (and great tips for) housesitting, and lots more.
In this episode
- How Naomi became a triple citizen
- Considerations when traveling with multiple passports
- Logistics/requirements of citizenship (taxes, voting, etc.)
- How/when she books housesitting gigs
- Dealing with/avoiding crappy Internet when housesitting
- Naomi’s top tips for successful housesitting
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
- PassportIndex.org (site for checking passport/visa requirements)
- Greenback Expat Tax Services
- Nomadtopia Community on Facebook
- Housesitting sites: TrustedHousesitters.com*, HouseCarers.com, Nomador.com, HouseSitMexico
- Apps to track data usage: Bandwidth+ (for Mac computers), TripMode (Mac and Windows computers), My Data Manager (Android and iOS)
Connect with Naomi
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.