Adding a Baby to a Nomadic Life with Amanda Kingsmith
September 7, 2022 | Podcast
There are a lot of decisions to make when it comes to starting a family as a nomad. Your priorities change, you have to plan differently, you might miss some adventures. There’s no question that having a baby (or two, in my case!) changes your nomad experience.
In this episode, I’m chatting with Amanda Kingsmith, who currently lives in Mexico with her husband and new baby. She shares their experience planning for and shifting into this next phase, deciding when to stop traveling and where to give birth, and balancing their child’s needs with their nomadic lifestyle.
In this episode
- What it’s like for Amanda being in a more stable chapter of her nomad life
- How and when she first become location independent
- Amanda’s primary income streams
- How and when Amanda and her husband decided to start a family
- How trying to get pregnant affects nomads’ choices
- How Amanda navigated where to give birth and where to live
- What she thought life would be like with a baby and how that experience has panned out so far
- How their kids will impact their lifestyle in the future
- What it has been like traveling with a baby
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!