Moving to Canada with Brandon Miller
September 1, 2021 | Podcast
Raise your hand if you’ve ever said, “That’s it, I’m moving to Canada.” I’ve heard this phrase a time or two before!
If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably spent a fair amount of time thinking, daydreaming, and brainstorming about where in the world you’d like to live, get residency, and even a second passport. There are certain places that tend to come up regularly as an option for many people, but I’ll admit I’d always discounted Canada as being too complicated or something. Turns out, it might not be!
In this episode, I talk with Brandon Miller of My Second Passport and author of Second Passport: Your Guide To Have a Secure Alternative Home for You and Your Family, Just in Case…. all about what it takes to move to Canada.
Brandon uncovers how the Canadian immigration system works and what you need to know about the process. You’ll learn about how to more easily navigate this process, what some find are the biggest surprises about moving to Canada, and what you need to know if you’re self-employed or working remotely for your employer.
In this episode
- Barriers that stop people from moving to Canada
- Reasons to consider making Canada your home
- How a second passport can liberate you
- Why Brandon is a big believer in having the freedom to move
- What you need to know about the Canadian immigration process
- Factors to consider for self-employed and digital workers
- What surprises Brandon about the process
- How to navigate border patrol
- How the immigration system works
- What to know about taxes when moving to Canada
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
- Brandon’s book, Second Passport: Your Guide To Have a Secure Alternative Home for You and Your Family, Just in Case… (Send Brandon an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell him why you want to move to Canada for a free book! Don’t forget to mention you found him through Nomadtopia.)
Connect with Brandon
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.