Adventures in Parenting and Business with Ami Dehne
March 2, 2022 | Podcast
For many parents, reconciling that new role with our identity as adventurers and travelers can lead to a whole new kind of journey. It can take a while to find our travel legs as a parent and discover what “adventure” looks like for our family. But as I always say, there’s no “right” way to do any of this, and whatever works for you is perfect.
In this episode, I’m joined by mother and business owner Ami Dehne for a conversation all about the realities of our Nomadtopia with young children. We explore what it’s been like to incorporate children into our lives and travels, and Ami shares her thoughts on finding adventure closer to home. Plus, we chat about creating businesses that allow us to live our lives to the fullest.
In this episode
- Why traveling with kids, especially babies, is a major adjustment
- How to find adventure closer to home and adjust for your children
- Defining “Nomadtopia” for yourself and crafting a unique life for your family
- How to live, travel, and parent with intention
- How accepting your identity as a parent can open you up to new kinds of adventures
- Why you should focus on simplicity and consistency in your business
- How to build a business that lets you be location-independent
Connect with Ami
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.