Looking to the Future after 18 Years of Location Independence with Amy Scott
As we enter a new year and the podcast hits 200 episodes, I’m reflecting on my own Nomadtopia journey. I invited my friend Jill Sessa back to interview me on my experiences as a nomad.
In this episode, we talk about how my Nomadtopia has changed since Jill last interviewed me in 2018. I share what’s new and upcoming in my work as well as how my lifestyle and my perspective on location independence has evolved over the years, especially since our twins were born in 2019. We also discuss some of the more challenging aspects of navigating life and family as a nomad.
In this episode
- What location independence means to me
- How having kids makes being a nomad and planning adventures a different experience
- The effects of the pandemic on nomadic life (for me personally and in general)
- What my local community is like and how I’m approaching schooling for my kids
- How the future plans we’re considering are different from the way we’ve approached traveling and living abroad in the past
- How we settled into a groove of working and spending time with our kids, and how things shifted when they started school
- What’s new and exciting in the Nomadtopia Collective, and the importance of non-judgmental community for nomads
- What I’m learning about how to navigate being a nomad with aging parents
- Upcoming workshops I’ll be offering about handling important aspects of location independence
Connect with Amy
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.