Sailing as a Family with Erin Carey
February 2, 2022 | Podcast
Nomadtopia Radio is all about showing you that there’s more than one way to live a nomadic life. Even the most unlikely people can become full-time travelers or create their own unique version of a location-independent lifestyle.
In this episode, I’m joined by wife, mother, business owner, and full-time sailor Erin Carey. She shares her journey from suburban Australia to living on a yacht with her husband and three children. We talk about the realities of living on a boat at sea or in a marina, how she balances family and work, and her advice for anyone considering a similar courageous leap.
In this episode
- How Erin and her family came to live on a yacht with no prior sailing experience
- The resources and research Erin turned to at the beginning of her journey
- How your daily life and community changes as you travel around the world
- How Erin creates balance between her family life and her business
- Why even full-time nomads should create routines that work for them
- How Erin runs her business from all over the world
- How entering a country on a boat is different from flying or driving
- How COVID-19 has affected Erin and her family
- What to consider before you and your family commit to a nomadic lifestyle
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!