Jasper Ribbers: The Traveling Dutchman
February 10, 2016 | Podcast
Jasper travels the world while renting out his apartment in Amsterdam on Airbnb. He spends most of his time between Asia, the US, and South America. He typically stays put for a month or two in a city to focus on work, alternating that with a few weeks of scuba diving.
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
Diving with Manta Rays in Raja Ampat
Biggest Surprise along the Way
The biggest surprise for me has been the fact that you can be whatever you want to be. It’s not about talent; it’s about effort and dedication.
In this episode
- How he optimizes his lifestyle for maximum productivity and enjoyment
- Why he focuses on sharing economy platforms
- His early days as a nomad
- His first attempts to make money online
- How he got started on Airbnb
- Common mistakes/misconceptions of new Airbnb hosts
- How we manage our rental properties remotely
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!