Jasper travels the world while renting out his apartment in Amsterdam on Airbnb. He spends most of his time between Asia, the US, and South America. He typically stays put for a month or two in a city to focus on work, alternating that with a few weeks of scuba diving.
In This Episode
- How he optimizes his lifestyle for maximum productivity and enjoyment
- Why he focuses on sharing economy platforms
- His early days as a nomad
- His first attempts to make money online
- How he got started on Airbnb
- Common mistakes/misconceptions of new Airbnb hosts
- How we manage our rental properties remotely
- And so much more
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
Diving with Manta Rays in Raja Ampat
Biggest Surprise along the Way
The biggest surprise for me has been the fact that you can be whatever you want to be. It’s not about talent; it’s about effort and dedication.
Resources We Talked About
- Airbnb (earn credits for hosting or traveling with this link)
- Airbnb pricing apps: Everbooked (get three months free instead of one with this link) and Beyond Pricing (get one month free and a $60 credit with this link)
- The Traveling Dutchman
- Get Paid for Your Pad on Facebook and Twitter
- The Traveling Dutchman on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Join the Conversation!
What ideas or topics resonate with you from this episode? What questions does it raise?
Leave a comment below, or continue the conversation in the Nomadtopia Facebook group.
Subscribe to Nomadtopia Radio for Free
You can also add Nomadtopia Radio to your RSS feed: http://nomadtopiaradio.libsyn.com/rss
Enjoying Nomadtopia Radio?
Please leave a review in iTunes to help more people find the show! (Find out how.)
Support Nomadtopia Radio with a much-appreciated donation:
Or share the episode and help spread the word by clicking on the icons below.