Finding Balance as a Digital Nomad with Kristin Wilson
December 7, 2022 | Interviews, Nomad Life, Podcast, Well-Being
If you’re switching locations frequently and working constantly, it’s easy to get burned out on nomad life. What systems and boundaries have you put in place to create more balance?
In today’s episode, I’m chatting with Kristin Wilson, author of Digital Nomads for Dummies. She shares how she ended up writing this book and the main steps she outlines for becoming a digital nomad. We talked about how to build a life that works for you, finding balance, and setting boundaries. Kristin also shared her perspective on why you should outsource your travel planning and destination research.
In this episode
- Balancing the flow of staying in one place with regular travel
- How it was easier to handle the COVID pandemic as a nomad
- Kristin’s journey to write and publish Digital Nomads for Dummies, and the main steps it takes to become a nomad
- Kristin’s practices and advice for ensuring boundaries, time away from work, and rest
- Outsourcing travel planning and destination research
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
- The Time-Block Planner
- Digital Nomad – the 1997 book that coined the term
- Kristin’s book, Digital Nomads for Dummies*
Get the Top 10 Logistical Things You Need to do before becoming a nomad
(That Aren't What You Think)