From the Archives: Legal Matters for Nomads with Elizabeth Potts Weinstein
October 25, 2018 | Podcast
Elizabeth intentionally created a business that fits the lifestyle she wants to live. As a location-independent lawyer for small businesses, she manages a remote team and takes lots of road trips—and she actually understands this nomad stuff! In this information-packed conversation we cover topics like where to set up your business in the U.S. if you’re traveling domestically or abroad, state taxes when you’re moving all over the country, and how nomads can deal with old-school things like taxes, insurance, and contracts.
In this episode
- Where to set up your business in the U.S. if you’re traveling domestically or abroad
- U.S. state taxes when spending time in multiple states
- Contracts with clients in different locations
- Legal concerns for joint ventures, partnerships, and in-person events
- Liability insurance for nomads
- Online contracts, terms and conditions, etc.
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!