Evolving Your Nomad Life with Luis Betancourt
July 6, 2022 | Podcast
Many people think about remote working and the digital nomad lifestyle as being something new, but it’s actually been around nearly as long as the internet itself. Those of us who’ve been here since the early days have evolved along with it, both in our careers and in our traveling lifestyles.
In this episode, I’m joined by digital marketing consultant and digital nomad Luis Betancourt. We talk about how we first met in 2007 during the heyday of Couchsurfing and how Luis’s digital nomad lifestyle has changed since then. He shares how he and his wife have found their unique balance of home versus traveling and work versus play. Also, Luis shares his advice for utilizing online networking to grow your business.
In this episode
- How Luis’s life as a nomad has evolved over the years
- How Luis became a digital nomad before it was a worldwide trend
- Falling in love with solo traveling, and then sharing his love of travel with his wife
- How the pandemic allowed him and his wife to become fully location independent
- Finding a balance between traveling the world and enjoying time at home
- How working remotely has changed since Luis first discovered it
- How to market yourself as a solopreneur or freelancer
- The power of virtual networking to grow your business and client base
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.
Get the Top 10 Logistical Things You Need to do before becoming a nomad
(That Aren't What You Think)