The Nomad Lifecycle with Michael Boyink
The nomadic lifestyle tends to go in cycles. On the road for a few years, in a permanent location for a few years, back and forth as life brings different wants and needs. Complacency followed by a catalyst for change.
In today’s episode, I’m talking with Michael Boyink, who spent eight years on the road in an RV followed by four years living in a small town. He and his wife are now on the brink of their next big move. He shares what it was like living in an RV, how his kids managed it, and navigating the decisions that come with being a nomad.
Life is full of choices. By choosing one thing, you have to let go of something. And the nomadic lifestyle is all about checking in with how you feel on your journey and making sure that your choices align with your wants and needs.
In this episode
- Michael’s journey in and out of nomad life over the past 10+ years
- The catalyst that pushed Michael and his family towards living in an RV
- How to navigate the up and down cycles that inevitably come with a nomadic lifestyle
- Why Michael and his wife decided on the Tulsa Remote Program
- How burnout contributed to their need for change
- The variability of the RV life and the valuable skills you learn living on the road
- How their kids reacted and adapted to this lifestyle
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
Connect with Michael
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.