Paul and Becky Kortman: Searching for a new home
Paul and Becky have made choices over the years that just happened to make their family of six location-independent, and eventually they realized they had the freedom to live and work anywhere in the world. They’ve already toured parts of Southeast Asia, Europe, and Africa looking for a new home base, and are preparing to head overland through Central and South America as the search continues.
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
When the kids cried when we had to return to the States. They made us promise that we would leave again and that we wouldn’t give up traveling and being nomadic.
Biggest Surprises along the Way
- The loneliness while still being surrounded by family
- The costs of Internet (in South Africa)
- The fact that our kids took to traveling so well
In this episode
- How they became location independent
- How they decided where to go on their first six-month trip
- Finding a place that’s a good fit for their family
- Why they started Nomad Together
- Feeling lonely even when traveling with family
- Balancing routine and lack thereof on the road
- Adjusting client acquisition models to get work even when you’re away from home
- Planning for what’s next
- And much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!