Paul Strobl: Where Is He Now?
October 18, 2017 | Podcast, with pets
The way we each live our Nomadtopia often changes over time, so I’ve asked Paul back on the show—three years after he first joined me in September 2014—to share where he is now. We talked about how things have gone and what’s changed in his Nomadtopia—and why—in the last few years.
I include a clip from our earlier conversation at the beginning of this episode, but if you’d like to listen to the full episode from 2014 first, click here.
In this episode
- The draw of a deeper cultural experience (and the lure of something new)
- How he ended up in Bulgaria
- Location independent vs digital nomad (and why we both prefer the former)
- What it’s like traveling with his 45-pound dog, Sheila
- Analog solutions for international phone calls
- Ending a relationship with someone who wants different things
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
- Schengen visa rules (here’s a great post that explains the Schengen situation and how to stay longer)
- Nobelcom.com (old-school calling cards gone digital)
- Plovdiv: The Chiang Mai of Europe?
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.
Get the Top 10 Logistical Things You Need to do before becoming a nomad
(That Aren't What You Think)