Sasha Cagen: A turned-on life at home and abroad
October 15, 2014 | Podcast
Writer and coach Sasha Cagen’s life looks very different than it did five years ago. Tune in to find out how she went from co-founder of a Silicon Valley tech startup (and creator of the Quirkyalone movement) to leading tango adventures in Buenos Aires and writing a memoir called Wet.
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
Hosting the Tango Adventures in Buenos Aires, and finding such fabulous friends in Buenos Aires.
Biggest Surprise along the Way
It’s not easy. That’s not really a surprise, but it takes a lot of work. Also, I thought this lifestyle might be a problem with developing a long-term relationship, but I find that my current partner is much more accepting than I thought he would be.
In this episode
- What a “life churn” is and why she sought one out
- What attracted her to Brazil and how she ended up in Argentina
- What Quirkyalone really means and how it relates to Nomadtopia
- Intimate relationships and a traveling/unconventional lifestyle
- Tension between adventure vs. stability, especially to produce creative work
- Logistics of splitting her time between California and Argentina
- Why tango is a lifelong study and a metaphor for life and relationships
- How she created and now runs retreats in Argentina
- And much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
Connect with Sasha
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.