Vincenzo Villamena: Nomad accountant
January 28, 2015 | Podcast
After seeing expats’ tax challenges first-hand when he moved abroad in 2010, Vincenzo started a new business helping expats with their taxes. He’s been an expat and nomad ever since, and in this episode we talk about his favorite festivals around the world, tax tips for American nomads, expats, and travelers, and much more.
In this episode
- Running with the bulls in Spain
- Checking out festivals/events around the world
- How moving abroad brought his work full circle
- Benefits of being an American abroad
- Top things location-independent entrepreneurs from the US need to know about taxes
- Deducting travel costs and business expenses
- What you need to know about offshore bank accounts and businesses
- Tips for non-Americans
- Why some US citizens renounce their citizenship
- And much mor
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
- Running of the Bulls, Pamplona, Spain
- Tomatina Festival, Buñol, Spain
- La Mercè, Barcelona, Spain
- La Alborada, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Website about festivals around the world: Fest300.com
- Finding accommodations: Airbnb.com*, HomeAway.com
- Burning Man
- Kevin Johnansen’s “Puerto Madero” video
- New York Times op ed: “Why I’m Giving Up My Passport”
Connect with Vincenzo
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.