Ciara Kamara: Nomad Mom Life
December 4, 2019 | Podcast, with kids
Ciara and her husband have moved five times in the last eight years, following his job postings around the world—and adding two kids to their family along the way. In that time she’s experimented with different ways to make money remotely, learned how to quickly get set up in each new location, and navigated the shifts in identity that come with becoming a nomad and a mother.
In this episode
- Using research to improve your pitches for jobs and freelance work
- Transitioning from nomadic couple to family
- Essentials for toddlers and babies abroad
- Taking responsibility for your life choices
- The shifts in identity that come with becoming a nomad and a mother
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!
- Guava Lotus* travel crib (Ciara used and loved) and Joovy Gloo* infant travel bed (Amy just bought for the twins)
- The Nomad Baby—rent baby gear in Mexico City
Connect with Ciara
Connect with Nomadtopia
Get the resources and connection you need
Join the nomadtopia™ Collective, a hub of information, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in—the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
Welcome to Nomadtopia®
a hub of resources, inspiration, and community for building—and thriving in— the location-independent lifestyle that's right for you.
The Nomadtopia Collective is a global online community for all nomads — aspiring, newbie, and experienced alike. We’re here to not only help with complicated logistical questions related to nomad life, but also to support you at every step of your journey with a vibrant community of people who understand you, your dreams, and your lifestyle.
Get the Top 10 Logistical Things You Need to do before becoming a nomad
(That Aren't What You Think)