Dan Grec: Overland through Africa
August 2, 2017 | Podcast
After falling in love with overland travel on the Pan-American Highway, Dan went home to save money for his next adventure: two years overland through 30 countries in Africa. He’s about halfway through his trip and joined me from Cameroon to talk money, logistics, and more.
In this episode
- Cultivating the mind-set to save money for travel
- Costs of overland travel vs backpacking
- Deciding where to go and getting visas
- Tools and community for overland travel
- Do you need a lot of driving experience to travel overland?
- Biggest misconceptions about overland travel
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!