Jodi Ettenberg: The Legal Nomad
June 7, 2017 | Podcast
After saving money while working as a lawyer for five years, Jodi Ettenberg quit her job in 2008. The plan was to travel the world for a year, but nine years later, she has yet to return to the practice of law. What started as full-time travel, then a nomadic lifestyle while making her living on the road, has morphed into a home base in Oaxaca, Mexico, while she continues to work in food and storytelling.
In this episode
- Practical and mental shifts from full-time travel to living and working on the road
- Jodi’s primary income streams
- Tips for traveling with celiac disease (or food restrictions in general)
- How she sells physical products while traveling
- Why (and where) Jodi chose to have a home base
- Avoiding dengue and other diseases
- What she wishes she’d known when she started out
- Jodi’s favorite things to do in Oaxaca, Mexico
- And so much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!