After getting married and working for a few years, Michelle and her husband, Jedd, joined the Peace Corps and served together for two years in rural Jamaica. They then tested out location independence while slowly building a freelance web services business, keeping expenses low through housesitting, work exchanges, and other unconventional accommodations. This budget-friendly approach continues to sustain and enrich their long-term travel lifestyle.
In This Episode
- Living intentionally
- Learning empathy through travel
- What to look for in a work exchange
- How and why they charge for petsitting
- Creating local experiences
- And so much more
- Michelle’s book: An Intentional Travelers Guide to Unconventional Budget Accommodations: Creative Ways to Save Money on Transformational Travel* [Amy’s affiliate link]
- Facebook page
Join the Conversation!
What ideas or topics resonate with you from this episode? What questions does it raise?
Leave a comment below, or continue the conversation in the Nomadtopia Facebook group.
Subscribe to Nomadtopia Radio
You can also subscribe in your favorite podcast app or add Nomadtopia Radio to your RSS feed: http://nomadtopiaradio.libsyn.com/rss
Enjoying Nomadtopia Radio?
Please leave a review in iTunes to help more people find the show! (Find out how.)
Or support the podcast with a one-time donation:
Share the episode and help spread the word by clicking on the icons below.