The questions that I get asked sometimes make it clear that some people aren’t quite sure why I live the life I do, or they wonder what, exactly, I do in my life.
I’ve been thinking back over everything we’ve done in the last month or so, and it seems like this (partial!) list explains it pretty well.
In the past month, I:
- Camped out in my friend’s backyard
- Went wine tasting
- Masterminded in person with a fellow entrepreneur
- Hired my first VA
- Started working with a new coach
- Visited a friend I hadn’t seen in six years
- Spent a weekend with my extended family
- Flew halfway across the world
- Visited two new countries (Malaysia and Singapore)
- Saw world-famous landmarks (like the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur)
- Had drinks at a fancy hotel
- Tried local foods I’d never heard of before
- Watched sunset over the rice paddies
- Attended online coaching training
- Witnessed a beautiful ceremony at a Hindu temple
- Met people from my coaching school in person for the first time
- Saw a monitor lizard in the wild
- Got complimented on my chopstick skills by a Chinese-Malaysian
- Worked with awesome clients
- Swam in the Malacca Strait
- Connected with local entrepreneurs
- Launched the Nomad Quest and Create Your Nomadtopia
- Learned about the region’s culture, customs, language, and traditions from locals
- Fell asleep to the sounds of frogs, geckos, crickets, and other tropical creatures
Phew! My life isn’t always quite so jam-packed with excitement (in fact, the plan for the next few months involves a lot more relaxation, soaking up island life, and working on projects and programs), but this is what it’s all about.
This variety, freedom, connection, new experience, new culture… this is why I do what I do.
How about you? Why do you want to live a different kind of life?
(If you liked this post, won’t you take a moment to share it using the buttons below? Thanks so much!)