A former social worker, Nicole is a business strategist + coach who helps entrepreneurs make money doing work they love and create multiple income streams through her program the Authentic Affiliate Academy. She lives in New Jersey full time but travels regularly and takes one-month international trips to experience new countries and escape winter.
In This Episode
- Why she prefers being a part-time nomad
- Logistics of leaving for a month at a time
- Stressors of the lifestyle and how to handle them
- Preparing for an effective workcation
- Transitioning from in-person to online work
- Discovering what’s possible and test-driving the lifestyle
- Tips on creating passive income through authentic affiliate marketing
- And much more
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
Being able to escape the cold New Jersey winters for a month and spend them somewhere warm has been amazing. Changing my business model so that I can do this more often has also been really helpful. I love hearing from my clients who are women and interested in traveling by themselves but feel scared to do it. They’re really inspired to try it out once they see me share my experiences.
Biggest Surprise along the Way
It’s easier to do things alone when you travel than when you’re at home! I also have better focus while I’m traveling and find it easier to get my work done in shorter periods of time.
Resources We Talked About
- Amy’s appearance on CreativeLive
- Nomadtopia Facebook group
- My post about health insurance (an example of how to incorporate affiliate links into your content)
- AuthenticAffililateAcademy.com and her free guide on 7 Ways to Increase Your Affiliate Income (yes, these are affiliate links! Nicole has taught me well)
Check Out Our Sponsor
Thanks to Greenback Expat Tax Services for supporting Nomadtopia Radio! For years, Greenback has been helping Amy and lots of other nomads and expats save time and money on their taxes. Contact Greenback to see how they can help you too.
Join the Conversation
What ideas or topics resonate with you from this episode? What questions does it raise?
Leave a comment below, or continue the conversation in the Nomadtopia Facebook group.
Subscribe to Nomadtopia Radio for Free
You can also add Nomadtopia Radio to your RSS feed: http://nomadtopiaradio.libsyn.com/rss
Enjoying Nomadtopia Radio?
Please leave a review in iTunes to help more people find the show! (Find out how.)
Or share the episode and help spread the word by clicking on the icons below.