Nicole Harlow: Reverse Engineering Location Independence
March 23, 2016 | Podcast
After trying out a number of different living arrangements, including Berlin and living in a van in the U.S., and setting everything up so she could live and work anywhere, Nicole and her partner ended up in the tiny island nation of Malta, where she’s loving life and running her location-independent web design business.
Note: Some of the language in this episode may not be suitable for work or children!
Most Memorable Location-Independent Experiences
Definitely living in the van, working from the parking lot, trying to catch McDonald’s wifi!
Biggest Surprise along the Way
Living in the van I spent wayyyyyyyy too much time and money in Walmart!
In this episode
- What it’s like to live in Malta
- How Nicole ended up in Europe
- The ups and downs of living in a van in the U.S.
- Creating a story around your adventure
- Figuring out how to make a location-independent income
- Why she encourages online entrepreneurs to question their expenses
- The tools Nicole uses to run her business
- And much more
Resources we talked about
Note: Links with an asterisk are affiliate links, which means you may receive free credit or another bonus and I may earn a small commission or other benefits if you sign up/purchase using that link. There’s no additional cost to you, of course!